Workplace: Mainly Montreal and its surroundings, the possibility of short stays outside the region
Groupe Progima is an industrial engineering firm that, since 1990, supports the growth of manufacturing or distribution companies by rapidly and concretely improving productivity and efficiency. Our expertise, services, tools, and value-added approach to minimize the impact on operations and maximize return on investment.
We are currently in strong growth, and are looking for a mechanical designer for the greater Montreal area.
Come and work within a group of dynamics and experienced people and where the projects are numerous and diversified. We offer a pleasant and stimulating work environment and very interesting opportunities for advancement. Do you have a background in mechanical engineering or the equivalent and are looking for a new challenge?
Things to know about this offer:
- Permanent position, 40 hours per week
- Salary according to your level of experience
- An opportunity to join the ranks of a growing company
- Group Insurance
- The diversity and complexity of projects in a multitude of industries;
- Benevolent environment, encouraging personal and professional development;
- Convenient vacation policy
We are looking to add a highly motivated individual who enjoys working on a wide variety of projects. You will have the opportunity to advance several concepts simultaneously for clients from different industrial sectors. Our organization is highly qualified, as are our customers. Our product development and design processes are innovative, while using the latest CAE design tools. We work with our customers, with rapid prototyping, to define, solve and / or improve existing product designs and new products.
Our customer base and markets range from the top 100 companies in the United States and Canada, from OEM suppliers to new start-ups.
- Through the effective use of CAD software, the successful candidate will create mechanical design solutions and support all aspects of the product development process.
- Produce 3D drawings for various developments and prototyping projects
- Update current drawings
- Participate in technical reviews and design concepts;
- Go to customers and support them in the development of their products;
- Act as a technical expert with customers.
- Identify improvement opportunities or product design needs with our customers
- Participate in the development of solutions to identified needs
- Schedule and phasing planning
- Coordinate the drafting of technical specifications
- Make presentations to clients;
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of passionate experts;
What you need to have to get the job:
- 4+ years of design engineer
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following: automotive, aerospace, automation, medical instrumentation and other high-tech industries
- Excellent project management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in high-end CAD/CAE software is essential (NX, Catia, SolidWorks, ProE)